Magnesium Chloride Hexahydrate
Chemical Formula: MgCl2.6H2O; MgCl2.6H2O: 99%min; MgCl2:46%
Appearance: columnar, needle-like, crystalline, powdery, massive, flaky, granular.
Color: white , light yellow
Features: soluble in water and ethanol
In the industry, magnesium chloride hexahydrate is light yellow. It is easy to wet, salty and corrosive.
|Chemical Composition (%)|
Application and function
1. Transportation Industry: As snow thawing agent in road. Quicker ice melting speed, small vehicle corrosion.
2. Food: Bean curd made from solution of magnesium chloride is more tender and delicious. Also it can act as some food's additive.
3. Control dust
It can absorb the moisture in the air, so it can be used in the dusty place to make dust on the ground without spreading in the air. Magnesium chloride is commonly used in excavation sites, indoor sports venues and horse farms.
4. Construction material: Mixed MgO, it can be made into hard corrosion resistance magnesia cement, artificial marble, floor, ceiling, decorative board, fireproof board, partition board, magnesite well lid, bathtub, door and window frame and mobile home.
5. Metallurgy: Used to make refractory material, and it is raw material of making number 2 flux and smelting magnesium
6. Chemical: Used to make all kinds magnesium slat such as magnesium oxide, magnesium hydroxide, magnesium carbonate, cracker kindling and raw material of antifreeze.
7. Agriculture: It can be used to produce cotton defoliants